mmofacts.com

Google Chrome

posted 15 years, 8 months ago by docjay

What do you guys think about Google's latest masterpiece?

posted 15 years, 8 months ago by plasticshore

I am fairly disappointed that there is no mac version yet, however some quick tests showed that Weewar is running super smooth. Definitely the best experience we have had so far.

As an approach to browsers this is right up my ally too. Less is more - as usual. Can't wait.

I really like the overall appereance of Chrome as well as it's speed. It helps to yet again simplify browsing especially targeting the more experienced users.

I have to say I'm a little unsure about the privacy though as the German government told people not to use Google chrome.

The German Federal Office for Information Security warned internet users of the new browser Chrome. The application by the company Google should not be used for surfing the internet, as a spokesperson for the office told the Berliner Zeitung. It was said to be problematic that Chrome was distributed as an unfinished advance version. Furthermore it was said to be risky that user data is hoarded with a single vendor. With its search engine, email program and the new browser, Google now covers all important areas on the internet.

What are your points of view regarding this issue?

posted 15 years, 8 months ago by Zeggy

I do like google chrome, it's fast and simple!

As for the privacy issue, I'm not too bothered, since google probably knows everything about me already. You shouldn't get too paranoid about this kind of stuff - why would google even care what you do?

There's all these people who get scared of this kind of stuff, but they really need to remember that they are just one in millions, just a small insignificant number. Google has loads of data available, and there's little chance that they will be interested in you specifically, if they are actually going to analyse that data.

And does google actually log everything you do?

I see your point. I too think that the German government is exaggerating the "thread" of Google, anyway there is no question of whether it exists.

Anyway, the product as such leaves a good overall impression, apart from some security issues and the non-existence of a mac version

posted 15 years, 8 months ago by deadplayer

It always down, i don't like it.

Reply to this discussion