mmofacts.com

Strife: Beta stage begins!

posted 14 years, 6 months ago by krissauquillo

Play Strife (beta) today! @ http://vgstrife.com
I've only posted about the beta on a few select sites at first to get things started.

I started this project, a StarCraft-themed game, from scratch about a month ago and I'm personally impressed with myself on how much I've completed thus far. I have made so much progress that it now warrants the need for a public beta test of the game. The purpose of this beta stage is to help find any bugs and add any last minute fundamental features, but more importantly to hear your opinions on the units and to address any balancing that is necessary.
All concept & design work, web design, and programming are done by me alone. The unit artwork is provided by my older brother.
 --- What is Strife? ---
For those that do not know what Strife is yet, it is a free to play browser-based game where players match a team of units against another player's team. The idea behind the game was inspired behind the famous MyBrute.com, but takes a different approach. Players can swap in and out units of a team, upgrade an individual units' equipment, and even manage multiple teams. These teams can be composed of units from any race in the SC franchise. For example, you could pit a team of zerglings against a 2 unit team of a marine and a zealot. The best part is the game only requires 5-10 minutes a day to play at the very least, though the more dedicated players will spend maybe double or triple that.
 --- More.. ---
At this stage of the game I am very open to any ideas to make it more interesting and intuitive. While the game does have elements of randomization and luck to it does maintain a mixture of player controlled aspects so as to keep things fresh. Remember, this is the beta stage and has, for the most part, all of the functions working. The final version of the game will have fully animated battles that will unfold before your eyes, just like MyBrute.com, complete with illustrated unit artwork.
Here is what else to expect to be added in the coming weeks during the beta..
 - Multiple daily tournaments.
 - Auction house (both teams/units).
 - More units, and their accompanying classes.
 - Damage types (normal/concussive/explosive).
 - Splash damage.
And what is being withheld until the final version..
 - Fully animated battles that can be watched.
 - Seasons (3 months long) to keep the standings fresh.
So what are you waiting for? Try it out today! Participate and help me balance the units (stats/costs/etc.) while you're at it. Head on over to to the link below:
http://vilegaming.com/strife.x
If you have any further questions about specific and direct game elements, then please refer to the official help page first and then the forums if necessary.

Reply to this discussion