mmofacts.com

New Browser Game - Daemornia: Battlegrounds Online

posted 15 years, 9 months ago by shavenlunatic

Hi,

It feels strange just shamelessly plugging this in a forum, but here goes.

We have developed a free to play, browser based Battle Card game.  It has only just gone live (2 weeks ago) and is getting great feedback from all the players.

We made a couple of decisions when we began development of this game:

1. Create an ad-freegame
  2. Create a unique game, with a none-browser 'feel' to it (a lot of ajax integration to avoid page-reloads)
  3. Have a game which involves brain-power rather than simply time/money management
  4. Make the game with an emphasis on being able to enjoy the game fully without the need to subscribe
  5. Make enough money for the site to support itself and it's advertising costs (obviously only a crazy person would turn down additional money, but our end-goal was to have a self-supporting game).  Foolish ideals maybe, but let us keep our innocence for now.

We made this game because we wanted to play it online against more people around the world, we genuinely love this game and if the game just supported itself financially with no profit, we would be over-joyed.  We are paying for everything out of our own pockets (2 of us) and it's taking it's toll on our bank balances, so I turn to this site which was recommended to me by a friend.  I hear this is a place where people who are interested in innovative and new games, we feel our game is one like no other on the internet.  I hope you like it as much as we do.

Anyway, on to the blurb:

Daemornia: Battlegrounds Online is a game of skirmishes between rival armies. It takes place using a series of cards depicting creatures, scenarios, equipment, skills, events and more. It is played between two or more players using a deck of 40 cards each and requires a degree of tactical thinking in selecting the right force. Through careful deployment and equipping your warriors the objective is to defeat your opponent through winning battles, raids and destroying scenarios.

A couple of screenshots you ask?  OK.

Cheers,

ShavenLunatic

www.battlegroundsonline.net

posted 15 years, 9 months ago by docjay

It looks quite promising. I'll give it a try after my exams

Reply to this discussion