mmofacts.com

Amazon-Survival

posted 15 years, 8 months ago by mdshare

Hi fellow developers,

Nice to find a community with same minded people.

I'm mdshare (mario) hardcore game player as well ... developer ...

Been in the browser game related business for some years and worked for some big names also freelance.

Now this is all finished as it would become a conflict of interest.

Me and my partners acquired recently a text based game in a extremly bad shape and are fully revamping it called Amazon-Survival (www.amazon-survival.co.uk).

Prior to the takeover of Amazon-Survival the game was quite buggy and very unbalanced which made the bigger players get bigger and the smaller players stay small.

The GUI wasn't that pretty either. Since the takeover however the majority of the bugs (+10,000) have been resolved the GUI has been revamped and the game has a much healthier balance, it used to be very hard for new players to get going in the game due to being attacked by the bigger players due to the high gains that were awarded though this is now not the case which gives new players the option to progress in the game at a steady pace.

Players have had a couple of issues with some changes that we have made although we listened to those concerns and took them on board and rethought the changes where necessary, such as the cost to bust players out of jail which was greatly increased however after talks with members has now been reduced.

The overall feel for the game has changed since the takeover with regards to the community, players are
encouraged but not required to take more of an active role in things like Tribes IRC and on the Forum.

The game also got moved to a decent brand new server which has greatly increased the speed at which players can go from page to page. (prior to takeover the game was hosted on a rubish cheap dedicated server).

When the game was first written and brought online a large part of the game was drug and violance related which since the takeover staff have been working on to get rid of such terms and functions by adjusting the language of the game that users read and rewriting certain modules that are specifically drug related which will give the game the a much friendlier feel making it more accessible to younger members and at the same time keeping the functionality.

..... guess I have a lot of reading for you all ....

About the new framework actually serves three purposes and is made of of 2 different levels of interface. The first is the main API (Application Program Interface).

This is a commercial API written by Nyna (partner developer) that provides a clean, consistent interface to the basic services - i.e the database, templates, configuration data etc. The second layer is specifically written for AS and this is where the fun lies.

This particular layer centralizes the code and provides a modular and extensible framework making life a lot
simpler for the developer(s) to either tune the existing system or write new modules. At the same time, this layer provides features that are starting but are really intended for the next generation of AS. There is still a fair of bit of work needed on layer 2, as there are certain areas we've not had time to fully investigate, however as each module is implemented into this layer, it becomes easier for future modules as all the interaction between users is actually processed safely within this layer.

Now that is it somehow as introducing myself errr more our project....

Thanks for reading and comments are welcome,

md

posted 15 years, 8 months ago by BasTijs_en

Hey Mario, Welcome to galaxy-news

posted 15 years, 8 months ago by docjay

Welcome to the party

Reply to this discussion