mmofacts.com

IDE/Editor

posted 16 years, 7 months ago by bardicknowledge

What ide/editor do you use for coding in? 

Incidentally, this begs the question, what languages do you use? 

posted 16 years, 7 months ago by plasticshore

We are developing in JAVA using eclipse. Plus Photoshop, Omni Graffle, TRAC, SVN, Firebug.

All to make Weewar pretty :) 

posted 16 years, 7 months ago by Apocalyptica
Hiya,for Parsec we used c++, AJAX and EvilTwin. Evil Twin being a self written scripting language. We used VisualStudio2005 und Ultra Edit.For our new Projekt we are using c++, Java/Jogl and EvilTwin. This time we are using Eclipse and UltraEdit :)
posted 16 years, 5 months ago by Locke

I use notepad++ for all languages I use: PHP, JavaScript and Java. I use Firebug, too.

EDIT: For some projects I also use svn and trac.

posted 16 years, 5 months ago by neit
I'm using Textmate.
posted 16 years, 5 months ago by Klaus_en

phpeclipse + Web Standard Tools

netbeans for Java 

Everything else: Notepad++ 

posted 16 years, 5 months ago by Octavian_en
Zend Studio for PHP
posted 16 years, 3 months ago by vampraist

We are using Eclipse - I was using the PDT extension (PHP) but just switched over to Zend for Eclipse which is rather nice and certainly worth looking at in its Beta state!

posted 16 years, 1 month ago by BasTijs_en
Notepad++ for all languages and firebug to debug javascript
posted 16 years ago by plasticshore

I am switching to skEdit and CSSEdit where I can. They play nice. Sometime I have to fall back on Textmate but not very often. And eclipse is here to stay, too.

I have also started to use GIT over SVN on some projects which is quite exciting. 

posted 16 years ago by Kallisti

Switching between joe, vim, kate and textwrangler (but I hate that it does not automatically reopen the previously opened files like kate or notepad++ does on startup).

posted 16 years ago by darken

I'm switching between bluefish (php) and Anjuta (c++). For things that need not much I'm using nano or vim.

posted 15 years, 11 months ago by Klaus_en

I'm using Aptana now for my webdevelopment. It's focused on HTML, JavaScript and CSS, but has PHP and RoR Plugins as well.

posted 15 years, 10 months ago by Kasper

most times i am using eclipse... it is very flexible, not interessted in if you are coding for java, php, js, css... but the reason, that matters most is the auto complete function for selfwritten classes. okay eclipse isn't the fastest, syntax highlighting works too!

another editor i really love is crimson. using macros can made some smaller projects very fast developed! :)

posted 15 years, 10 months ago by walski_en

We're using Textmate for nearly everything from Ruby (Rails) coding to CSS editing. I think with the right bundles it's a very powerful yet leightweight tool and I really prefer it over Eclipse or Netbeans which I have to use at may day job and which feel very clumsy compared to Textmate.

Has anyone of you tried the E-Texteditor which is some kind of Textmate for Windows?

posted 15 years, 10 months ago by neit

Original from plasticshore

I am switching to skEdit and CSSEdit where I can. They play nice. Sometime I have to fall back on Textmate but not very often. And eclipse is here to stay, too.

I have also started to use GIT over SVN on some projects which is quite exciting. 

Those are looking very promising. Definitely gonna give them a try! ;)

I'm still searching for a good SVN client on MacOS as the hugely anticipated version is a little bit disappointing in my eyes.

posted 15 years, 10 months ago by neit

Original from Kasper

try: http://scplugin.tigris.org/

also works fine with eclipse or zend studio...

I tried that before. Unfortunately it's rather uncomplete and not as fun to use as the Windows "counterpart".

Reply to this discussion